Virtual Teaching Resource Hub
Tech Tools and Tips
We will be creating videos and tips to guide you through the various elements of developing effective lessons. In the meantime, here are some tutorials about some of the platforms and software you can use in the process.
Click here for a glossary of tech terms used in this section.
Click here to view a handy Google Sheet where we have curated a comprehensive list of links to technology tutorials and tools for virtual teaching.
Video Conferencing Platforms
Using the Slides
The PowerPoint resources here work best with Century Gothic font. If you do not have this font, we recommend downloading it, or you can click here for an alternative solution.
To convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides:
1. Open Google Drive.
2. Select “New” in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
3. Select “File Upload.” Choose to upload a new file. …
4. Select the desired PowerPoint presentation.
5. After uploading, right click and select “Open with,” then select “Google Slides.” …
6. Select “File.”
7. Select “Save as Google Slides.”
Watch this sample lesson that shows how to give students control in Zoom.